The Institution of Environmental Sciences and the Committee of Heads of Environmental Sciences (CHES) provide a fast track professional accreditation scheme for Honours and Masters programmes in Higher Education and Further Education Institutions.
By joining CHES and getting your programmes accredited, you will become part of an active community which champions environmental disciplines both academically and professionally. CHES is determined to maintain the flow of highly qualified and motivated people who can meet the challenges of the future.
Students enrolled on IES accredited programmes are automatically eligible for free Student Membership of the Institution.
Programmes accredited by IES and CHES
The Committee of Heads of Environmental Sciences (CHES) is the collective voice of the environmental sciences and related programmes in higher and further education. CHES provides a lobbying service for the Higher Education Environmental Science community.
CHES is an active networking organisation and serves to enhance the quality of outcomes throughout environmental education. It aims to facilitate cooperation and collaboration between relevant bodies within the UK and internationally.
Students who are enrolled on accredited undergraduate or postgraduate programmes may apply for the special grade of Student Member.
Here are a few reasons for applying for free Student Membership:
- The ability to use StMIEnvSc, signalling your professional commitment, to potential employers
- First steps on an environmental career path which could take you to Chartered Status
- Exclusive access to the Members area on our website, with news about jobs and events
- Electronic copies of our latest edition of our journal Environmental Scientist
- EnviroSci Newsletter every month
- Preferential opportunities for internship placements
- Free or reduced entry to IES events