This is a free two day event for institutions subscribing to the HEA and a cost of £150 for non-subscribing. Refreshments, evening meal and lunches on both days will be provided. However, bed and breakfast accommodation is not included.
This event is for academic staff who have been teaching for less than five years and who would like to develop their teaching skills in the context of their own discipline. It is designed to complement university-run courses offered to all new academic staff.
This is a practical, activity-based workshop which will provide delegates with the opportunity to share ideas and experiences with GEES colleagues from across the UK.
During the event, you will have the opportunity to get to know others across the GEES disciplines and explore ways in which you can continue to network and to work together after the event.
The full programme will be made available shortly, but is likely to include:
- Student engagement and participation
- How students learn in our disciplines, the transitions they experience, and approaches to teaching and supporting learning
- Assessment and feedback
- Avoiding disasters! – some coping strategies
- Discipline-specific use of technologies
- Invited professional body speakers
- Reusing resources, OERs, and flexible learning
- Evaluating your practice, and its impacts on the student learning experience
For further information contact email@example.com.