- Soot concentration as a measure of air quality
- The role of soot in climate change
- Ways to measure soot concentration, including black carbon and elemental carbon
- Defra network measurements of black carbon and elemental carbon
- A possible regulated metric?
Measuring black carbon using aethalometers, tThe UK black carbon / aethalometer network, apportioning black carbon sources and PM from wood burning.
The Mayor’s objective is for 25% of London’s energy needs decentralised by 2025. Using large scale deployment of CHP plants (& some renewables) as a case study to show a saving of 0.8 Mt CO2 per year. BUT moving energy generation into cities leads to impacts on air quality.
Panelist Information: Adam Donnan
Duration: 51 minutes
Description: As part of the IGNITE series of webinars, Adam Donnan, Senior Executive Officer of the IES, shares his experience, the findings of the research and his advice on boosting employability as part of this exciting webinar. The Ignite series includes talks, presentations and interviews with leading lights from the sustainability sector who will be sharing with us their inspiration, thoughts, ideas and advice on how to pursue careers to build a more sustainable future…all delivered directly to your computer or smart phone