Key facts about this job
CV and covering letter with reference number 6410
Together WSP and GENIVAR are one of the world’s leading engineering and design consultancies. We provide services to transform the built environment and restore the natural environment. We have 14,500 employees, based in more than 300 offices, across 35 countries, on every continent.
Our expertise ranges from land remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transport networks and from developing the energy sources of the future to enabling new ways of extracting essential minerals.
An exciting opportunity for an Air Quality Senior Consultant has arisen at the Basingstoke office to respond to and further develop our ever increasing success in delivering first class assessments to our clients.
The project work will be varied covering a range of sectors including: power generation, property development, retail and highways, with the key objective of furthering the WSP’s capability in the renewable energy and waste fields. With a high level of self-sufficiency, the successful candidate will be responsible for delivering transport and industrial air quality assessments for existing clients and assisting the team in further developing the client portfolio.
This work is not only undertaken for projects in the UK but for projects overseas too, providing real diversity in workload, challenges and opportunities.
Core responsibilities of the position will include:
- Undertaking air quality assessments and preparing reports;
- Liaising with both internal and external clients, project teams and Local Authorities;
- Preparing fee proposals and assisting with bids; and
- Contributing to EIA studies across the business.
We are looking for someone with:
- An appropriate degree or equivalent, in a relevant science (e.g. environmental science, chemistry, atmospheric physics, mathematics) and a post-graduate degree in a relevant discipline (e.g. MSc Air Pollution Management, Atmospheric Physics, Environmental Technology) would be highly beneficial;
- Member of the IAQM;
- Significant consultancy experience in both industrial and transport air quality modelling;
- Experience in odour assessments would be beneficial;
- Practical expertise in air quality modelling including use of ADMS, ADMS-Roads and DMRB;
- Good GIS skills, mainly ARCGIS;
- Monitoring, including designing and managing surveys for both passive and automatic methods;
- Good understanding of air quality assessment methods for EIAs, stand-alone assessments and environmental permitting;
- Excellent communication skills (including report writing);
- Positive and proactive approach;
- The ability to work as part of a team; and
- Full clean UK Driving Licence.
The role offers excellent career progression opportunities within a friendly and professional team that is proud of the quality of the service it delivers to its clients.